February 23, 2017, 03:05:12 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Releases (MKF Classic) / Fan requests for the MKF master source
« Last post by Judge Spear on February 21, 2017, 11:01:30 AM »
Hello all.

We have been getting requests by fans that they want to continue Mushroom Kingdom Fusion on their own because they are fans of the game. We cannot stop you, but we highly advise against it. Please read the following to get an idea of what you will be getting yourself into if you decide to want to continue the project:

1.) The game was developed on GM8, so good luck running it on anything newer than Windows 7.
2.) Porting it to Studio is a logistical nightmare.
3.) Everyone on the Fusion Team washed their hands of MKF, and will not help others attempting to continue the project.
4.) MKF uses obscure extrenal files that I am unsure will even work on Studio
5.) The music download alone is over 400MB.
6.) Everything is disorganized in the source, and there are features that not even the developers can find to this day (Rush Jet coding)
7.) The game requires an ungodly amount of RAM to run.
8.) Even if you somehow get some actual progress going on the game, good luck tangling with Nintendo's recent trigger-happiness at shutting down fangames.

Most importantly, answer these questions pertaining to yourself and decide if the effort required will be worth it in the long run:

1.) Do you have any computer programming experience?
2.) Do you know how to use Game Maker?
3.) Do you have a decent grasp at game theory and level design?
4.) Do you have access to external software needed to to make the assets, like a graphic editing program, audio editing program, etc.?
5.) Are you prepared to spend years working on the project? At one point MKF had 22 people working on it, and in 7 years they have not finished. If you opt to continue the project, you will be on your own, as the Fusion Team has washed its hands of the project long ago.

MKF was popular in 2007 (10 years ago as of this writing) because there was no other fan-made game like it before and at the time. In 2017, the idea of a mega-crossover with a darker and edgier slant is dated, and there is almost no appeal to those sort of fangames these days. You will only appeal to a niche group who are obsessed with nostalgia and childhood memories.

If after reading all that you still insist on continuing MKF on your own, the download links are below:

(Download links coming soon)

Other Games / Re: Mega Man: Recharged
« Last post by EvilMariobot on February 19, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
Wonderful news!
Other Games / Re: Mega Man: Recharged
« Last post by Lars Luron on February 19, 2017, 03:48:20 AM »
Good news folks, I'm nearing the official half-way point in MM:R's development. I've finished the last of the robot master stages, I just need to finish putting together a few last features before I go about putting together the final update video, so stay tuned.
Arts & Crafts / Re: Looking for Translators (Spanish)
« Last post by CambridgeSMERSH on February 03, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
Okay, thanks for that.
« Last post by lucifhades on February 03, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »
can be
« Last post by CambridgeSMERSH on February 02, 2017, 05:01:16 PM »
So what actually means "prevent" in Spanish. "Impedir" is the Portuguese word for it, is there a similar meaning in Spanish?
« Last post by lucifhades on February 02, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »
Yes
POINTLESS POST PALACE / Re: I'M GOING TO CUT YOU!
« Last post by Cap'n Coconuts on February 01, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »
No, I'm going to cut you.

AND PASTE.
« Last post by CambridgeSMERSH on February 01, 2017, 07:08:09 PM »
Okay thanks. One more thing which has popped up while I was waiting, I consulted the Portuguese translator on Steam. He picked up the fact that "EVITAR" in Portuguese means "avoid" rather than "prevent". Does "EVITA" mean "avoid" in Spanish?
POINTLESS POST PALACE / I'M GOING TO CUT YOU!
« Last post by Calvan on February 01, 2017, 06:19:36 PM »
*brandishing a visibly dull spoon*
C'mere!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10