December 14, 2017, 06:54:18 AM

Author Topic: NMario's Mega Man World Fangame/Engine.  (Read 20094 times)

Description:

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
Re: NMario's Mega Man World Fangame/Engine.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »
Perhaps include Game Over screens from III, IV, and V.

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »
Yea, sorry about that. I was a bit confused there, and I really didn't have anything to look at, at the time. MMF2 doesn't use A, B, C, D, to name their buttons, but instead Fire 1, Fire 2, 3 & 4. I figured I might have had them accidentally reversed. It probably doesn't help that I (think) have the jump & shoot buttons reversed as well. :P
Well, make sure you sort that out.  That was the big gripe about the Gamecube version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection, after all.

Offline EPICwinner77

• (6) Muon
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »
Wow, this is really cool! I was actually just thinking of making a mega man fangame with my friends. :D

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
  • Robot Master of TNT...and author of SMWF
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
Good luck, you need it, 'cause most of the MegaMan engines for GameMaker are average, if not worse.

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html
-Super Mario Cave Story (on hold): *no link*

Weapons: Nitro Blast, Nitro Shower
Good Point: Gets the job done.
Bad Point: Unstable.
Dislikes: Hyperactive People.
Quote:  “Have a blast, MegaMan!”
(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline N-Mario

• Game Designer
  • (2) Gluon
  • Video Game Veteran
    • Gaming Universe
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
Okay I just fixed the game over screen. I had taken at look at MegaMan III, IV, and V's GB game over screens. They are pretty much the very same screens, except that the background is different each time (The text placement is the same). So I made the change accordingly. The image has been updated too. :)

Maybe perhaps I should include try and attempt my own control config option instead of using MMF2's default window key control config?

EDIT: We are going on vacation this coming week for a family reunion. We'll be away until Friday night when we come back. I might try to get online some if things are slow during vacation, but not as much as I do at home. So progress may be slow for a while. ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:19:07 PM by N-Mario »

Offline thefallenalchemist

• (7) Tau
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 07:50:42 AM »
This is fantastic, and it looks and functions really well. I'm definitely most interested in your 'Mega Man - Starbound: Galaxy's Champion' game. It's pretty cool that you can make all this function and play out exactly like the original GB games, but I'd like to see your own interpretation. Keep it up!

I must admit, it is EXTREMELY hard to keep up an engine going through.
Oh man, it is ever... I feel dedication pays off though, especially on a personal accomplishment level.

MMF3, huh? I didn't even know they were still making the thing. Well, maybe it's time for me to start working on some stuff again. Anything's got to be better than my crappy megaman game with the vocie acting, where everytime a robot master used an attack, it would speak out loud the name fo the attack. Thought it would be a good idea at the time...

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
  • Robot Master of TNT...and author of SMWF
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »
MMF3, huh? I didn't even know they were still making the thing. Well, maybe it's time for me to start working on some stuff again. Anything's got to be better than my crappy megaman game with the vocie acting, where everytime a robot master used an attack, it would speak out loud the name fo the attack. Thought it would be a good idea at the time...
Anything's got to be better than my crappy megaman game with the vocie acting, where everytime a robot master used an attack, it would speak out loud the name fo the attack.
where everytime a robot master used an attack, it would speak out loud the name fo the attack.
MegaMan 8, anyone?

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html
-Super Mario Cave Story (on hold): *no link*

Weapons: Nitro Blast, Nitro Shower
Good Point: Gets the job done.
Bad Point: Unstable.
Dislikes: Hyperactive People.
Quote:  “Have a blast, MegaMan!”
(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline N-Mario

• Game Designer
  • (2) Gluon
  • Video Game Veteran
    • Gaming Universe
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
(Typing this on iPhone, as we're on the road)

Actually I am pretty sceptical about CT's upcoming MMF3. There's a possibility that if it is better from what it sounds like, chances are the fan game engine would have to be made from scratch if it does not support MMF2 files. Depends on what MMF3's script is like, we'll see. But for now I guess we'll have to focus on the one being developed under MMF2Dev.

Offline thefallenalchemist

• (7) Tau
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
Anything's got to be better than my crappy megaman game with the vocie acting, where everytime a robot master used an attack, it would speak out loud the name fo the attack.
where everytime a robot master used an attack, it would speak out loud the name fo the attack.
MegaMan 8, anyone?

It was "Megaman Power Battles PC" a poorly made boss rush game, with just robot masters. Also, since the loops were set to "x attack" every 5 or so minutes, the voice clip would also play. I did the voice acting for that game. It was kind of fun, but I'd never do anything like that one again. I'll stick to text and only text, this time around.

Also, the latter Megaman X games all had the same type of voice acting. My midi's were also horrible. Ugh, that game was so bad.

Offline N-Mario

• Game Designer
  • (2) Gluon
  • Video Game Veteran
    • Gaming Universe
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
Letting everyone know that we are back from vacation. We had a wonderful time at the family reunion. Grin

Not sure when I'll get back into the swing of things into designing the game engine. I have to catch up on some stuff and all. So we'll see. :)

Offline StarsimsUniverse

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Notable Intern
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • StarsimsUniverse's Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
I'm still designing what is to be the mid stage for the game. Many peeps on Rockman Perfect Memories Forum and some here said that the wooden crates look a bit out of place, so I've tried a metallic crate design, with some experimental stamps too. What version do you prefer? Or do you think the metallic crate still needs work?

Weapons: Energy Shot, Dissapearing Block, Dissapearing Spike, Implosion.
Good Point: Elusive.
Bad Point: Sudden Dissapearances.
Dislikes: Rush.
Quote: “Don’t trust your eyes, trust mine."

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
Those metallic crates look good to me!  I was a little skeptical about the idea of metallic crates, but I think you made them work.  I should have known you would.

Offline Chaos.Tiki

• Safety Inspector
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 01:39:11 PM »
Metallic Crates.
I enjoy putting myself in exotic and awesome environments, then I make people play fan generated games they never knew existed.

Check out N-Toxicade on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/N.Toxicade

Offline Riverroad

• Fusion Engineer
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
The metallic crates look pretty good.  I really like the stamps on them too.  It helps make sections with several crates in them appear more interesting.

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
I like the met crates, too.