July 21, 2018, 04:20:31 PM

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros: Odyssey (Series on hiatus)  (Read 79468 times)

Description: Ch1 complete! Series on hiatus

Offline smbmaster99

• Notable Intern
  • Sexy hips
Super Mario Bros: Odyssey (Series on hiatus)
« on: May 09, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
Here's the download link for chapter 1
https://app.box.com/s/c5zj50q3u6ehhnvhpukd

Update! Chapter 2 is in progress! Have a Title Screen and support banner!

I have more news in my latest post (5/22), so check it out!

Spoiler for old stuff, ranging from "Ch. 1 is complete!" to the project's introduction:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:46:36 AM by smbmaster99 »

C:

These are my Smashers of choice:

You can find me on:

Offline guitarplayerman

• (1) Quark
Re: Untitled Super Mario Bros Project
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
i think there should be a shop but not with normal coins,something more a like frog coins from super mario rpg
what! are you telling me i play too much mega man?that's impossible!there can't never be too much mega man,now shut up and let me continue with the wily wars...

Offline Chaos.Tiki

• Safety Inspector
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »
I wish it would be 2 players.  But that's just me.  Can't wait to see this start to develop.
I enjoy putting myself in exotic and awesome environments, then I make people play fan generated games they never knew existed.

Check out N-Toxicade on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/N.Toxicade

Offline MegaSergio92

• (12) Proton
  • Dedede will arrive
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »
Looks interesting so far. Maybe you could give it some girl power and add Daisy since there's a chapter based on Super Mario Land, isn't it?
Typical signature stooff.

You can see me in deviantArt as Sergy92

Offline smbmaster99

• Notable Intern
  • Sexy hips
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
Looks interesting so far. Maybe you could give it some girl power and add Daisy since there's a chapter based on Super Mario Land, isn't it?

Probably not gonna happen, sorry XP This game already has Peach as a PC for the SMB2 chapter, and has Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Toad already :P

Which reminds me: Toad also could do with some other ideas. His wasn't quite as difficult as Waluigi's ideas, but he doesn't feel good enough to me. Some powerup ideas are welcome, as are minor physics change ideas, and a special jump. He's the only one that lacks one.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:29:41 PM by smbmaster99 »

C:

You can find me on:

WhiteRoseBrian

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
Here's a half-joking suggestion for a title: Super Duper Mario Bros! (The exclamation point would be included.)  In regards to powerups, perhaps one of the characters might use a magic wand a 'la the Koopalings. 

Offline MegaSergio92

• (12) Proton
  • Dedede will arrive
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
This game already has Peach as a PC for the SMB2 chapter

Well, that's a bit better. But it's only for the SMB2 chapter or will she be playable in more?
Typical signature stooff.

You can see me in deviantArt as Sergy92

Offline Honoured Brother FM

• Venerable Dreadnought
  • (19) Molecule
  • Repent, for tomorrow you die.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »
Perhaps Toad can be like his advance varient, massively strong and fast, but with crappy jumping power.

His powerups could probably have things to do with heavy lifting, so he could be more of a summon character of a sort.

Peach could be melee-esque. She'd be bad from a range, but her arsenal of weapons can make her a frightening character.
(click to show/hide)

Offline smbmaster99

• Notable Intern
  • Sexy hips
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:12 AM »
Perhaps Toad can be like his advance varient, massively strong and fast, but with crappy jumping power.

His powerups could probably have things to do with heavy lifting, so he could be more of a summon character of a sort.

I'll give it a whirl. It shouldn't be too hard to make characters speed/jumping power affected by things they carry. To answer Mega's question, perhaps. She probably won't be playable nearly as much as the others (until chapter 2), but I might could add some other things for her.

I also updated the map to look less flat:

Could still use some work, but it's only a test :P

C:

You can find me on:

Offline JDogindy

• Notable Intern
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »
At least the texture looks more detailed.

WhiteRoseBrian

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Do you also have time or energy to code a powerup for Waluigi for hitting tennis balls out at enemies? 

Offline smbmaster99

• Notable Intern
  • Sexy hips
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »
Do you also have time or energy to code a powerup for Waluigi for hitting tennis balls out at enemies?

Sure thing, the tennis suit is a good idea and I never thought of it. XP I just need to sprite his tennis suit and change one of his powerups to this. I'm thinking I might replace his magikoopa suit (which is his equivalent to fire-flower), but do any of y'all think this would go better if I replaced another suit of his with this?

And how do you think his tennis outfit should look? That's the hardest decision that needs to be solved before I can do anything else with his tennis suit :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:22:52 PM by smbmaster99 »

C:

You can find me on:

WhiteRoseBrian

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »
When I tried my hand at concepts for Waluigi (long story), I just changed his shirt to white and his cap and overalls to yellow-green.

Offline smbmaster99

• Notable Intern
  • Sexy hips
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
Sounds good. Maybe I'll add some extra stripes or something on his overalls to make him look a little more sporty or something.

And while I'm her, I'll just leave an update:
things are going well, various small bug-fixes and stuff. I also added a Sendspace link in case anyone can't access Mediafire.

What I'm working on now (one of the biggest parts for this game) is Subspace in the Subcon levels.
Slight problem: It's immensely hard =P However, I found a Subspace how-to and I'm working hard on implementing it into this game.

When the Subspace room if ready, I'll update the download link so y'all can give it a shot.

Also, would anyone here who knows GM well know how to get multiple tile layers in one calling of tile_layer_find()? I need to get multiple tile layers so that Subspace will work correctly. I've tried for loops but I can't seem to get it right.

C:

You can find me on:

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
EDIT 2: Tarter-sauce, I forgot something vital. I need to know how to find loop points for FMOD. I've tried using the tutorial I found somewhere on this site, but even after dozens of times, I still can't get the loop points right. Someone who knows how to get loop points for FMOD, PLEASE share your knowledge with me.

First, you should get Audacity and open the file with it. You can play the loop by holding SHIFT while clicking the Play button.

Second, you should remove any silence at the end or beginning of the song.

Third, find drop-down button under the Selection Start, End/Length, and Audio Position and set it to display "samples". This will make it display what samples are selected (for reference, 44100 samples in a standard 44.1 kHz file is equivalent to 1 second of sound) the track information to the left should tell you the frequency). You need that for the most accurate loop possible.

Fourth, it's a matter of looking for similarities in the waveform at the beginning and end of the loop and using math. If you can't find those similarities, you'll need to adjust through trial and error until you get it right. Write down your loop start time and loop end time.

Fifth, remove all audio after that loop. Yes, ALL of it. Your loop end value for FMOD will equal 1.

Lastly, divide the loop start time by the loop end time. You now have your loop start value for FMOD.

Make sure you export your edited music file and use that file for your game, otherwise these numbers will be off.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:58:49 PM by The Fusionist »

Terra Alternata Visits

anything