August 17, 2018, 03:50:55 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS  (Read 112542 times)

Description:

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
« Reply #450 on: December 09, 2015, 05:51:12 PM »
Well, here we go....

http://gonintendo.com/stories/248413-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-final-video-presentation-airing-dec-15th

The Smash Bros. Broadcast is going to happen on December 15th at 4PM Central Time.

Okay, so that's when the winner of the Smash Poll is finally going to be revealed, of course.

Offline KEM64

• Happy 28th Anniversary Mega Man Franchise!
  • (8) Neutrino
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2015, 03:11:02 PM »
The Broadcast just ended, here's what happened:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/248782-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-corrin-trailer

-Fire Emblem got a 6th character. Corrin, the player created character from Fire Emblem Fates, is in the game. Fights by utilizing his ability to turn into a dragon and more. Like Robin, there's also a female Corrin as an alt. Wii U version will get 2 Fire Emblem Fates songs for Coliseum. 3DS version gets 2 trophies based off of a couple of Fire Emblem Fates characters. Due out in February 2016.

-Cloud's fighting style got explained, Midgar has summon materia that allows you to summon summons like Ifrit, Odin, Ramuh, and Bahamut ZERO to name a few. They alter the Midgar stage and will get you points for any fighters KO'd by them. Cloud and Midgar will be available later today.

-Final Mii Costumes were shown. Along with the Chocobo Hat, there's Mii costumes based off characters like Geno (Super Mario RPG), Takumaru (Murasume Castle), Tails & Knuckles (Sonic Franchise), and others. They will also be available later today.

-And finally, we found out who won the Fighter Ballot. Being #1 in Europe, the Top 5 in the U.S., and #1 Worldwide, the other new character is....

(click to show/hide)

-Roy, Ryu, and Famicom-colored R.O.B. Amiibos due out March 16, 2016. There will also be amiibos based of Cloud and the 2 new characters.

And that was it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:14:51 PM by KEM64 »
Signature....What?

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »
Well, some people are going to be unhappy about yet another Fire Emblem sword-wielding counter character. Bayonetta, on the other hand, at least she mixes the counter thing up a bit; and I got to say, I did not see that coming. I mean sure, she was on any number of wishlists; but I blew it off as wishful thinking. Who knew it would bear fruit?

Offline CambridgeSMERSH

• (11) Higgs-Boson
  • Death to Spies
« Reply #453 on: December 16, 2015, 07:37:21 AM »
Somehow, Bayonetta got into Smash (and without raising the game's ESRB rating).

Why the hell would people think having stuff from a higher-rated game would affect a Smash game's rating? Rating boards aren't THAT strict. They might as well add Freddy Krueger as a stage hazard. One way of adding this idea while fitting the tone of Smash is to have Freddy eat a Super Mushroom, transform into Super Freddy, and turn whoever he slashes into a paper cutout (reference to the fifth Elm Street film). And I'm sure they'd keep the E10+ or T rating.

And about Bayonetta, I think her games are rated R here in Australia, but I believe she'd hit the Aussie market without dramatically boosting the rating.

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #454 on: December 16, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »
I was pretty disappointed to see yet another Fire Emblem character, but since this one has a chainsaw sword and can turn into a dragon I'm willing to give him/her a chance.

Bayonetta looks pretty sweet though.

Terra Alternata Visits

anything