February 18, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS  (Read 103089 times)

Description:

Offline The Swordsman

• Long time fan and skiner
  • (12) Proton
  • Sonic's #1 fan
Re: New Smash Bros game
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 07:22:15 PM »
I hope the roster includes all the characters from mele and brawl, (specificly Sonic) though it probly be hard to insure third party rights.
"Stay in the light or I will drag you into it."-Skyrim

PROGRESS BAR
(click to show/hide)

Offline Honoured Brother FM

• Venerable Dreadnought
  • (19) Molecule
  • Repent, for tomorrow you die.
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »

though if its anyone to be added from the Kirby series, it is likely going to be Knuckle Joe.
You do realize Knuckle Joe was only in one game, right? 

Actually, Knuckle Joe is surprisingly common in Kirby, though still obscure by comparison to Dedede, Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight. He appears in that one puzzle game only in Japan, he appears in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, the Animu, Brawl, and as a reference in Drawn to Life.

For this slightly relevant, and also mostly unimportant post, I recieve... A Spin Kick to the head.

...And one for Peach and the wimp.

Also, a Belmont ought to be playable. Richter or Simon would do.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Warcheeso

• (14) Gamma Particle
  • A dreamer of sorts
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »

though if its anyone to be added from the Kirby series, it is likely going to be Knuckle Joe.
You do realize Knuckle Joe was only in one game, right? 

Actually, Knuckle Joe is surprisingly common in Kirby, though still obscure by comparison to Dedede, Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight. He appears in that one puzzle game only in Japan, he appears in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, the Animu, Brawl, and as a reference in Drawn to Life.

This is pretty much it, and he has appeared as an enemy in several kirby games, not to mention that Knuckle Joe is pretty popular.. and like Waluigi in Brawl, already has several moves he could potentially use.
I do Let's Plays! check out my channel at Warcheeso Productions on Youtube!

what? what shameless plug? I don't see a shameless plug!

"Life is a box of corn flakes. It's is full of different pieces that are never exactly the same, making each box a completely different experience.... I hate corn flakes." ~Warcheeso

SKINS BY ME
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
Well, the anime and Super Star Stacker don't really count, but I forgot he was in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.  Two Kirby games, then.  (Super Star and Super Star Ultra don't count separately.)

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »
If Mega Man does not make the cut as the Capcom rep, Ryu should. He's a fighting game character, so he has a lot of material to draw from, and he'd be a natural fit in a Smash-type game.

Neutral B: Hadouken
Side B: Joudan Sokutou Geri (Street Fighter III) - a powerful side kick that shoves opponents away with great force
Up B: Shouryuken
Down B: Tatsumakisenpuukyaku (Hurricane Hick)
Final Smash (if SSBU will still have them): Mettsu Hadouken (like Mario's Final Mario)

Ryu's stage: The dojo roof from Street Fighter II
Assist Trophies: Ken, Guile, M. Bison (the dictator)

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline JDogindy

• Notable Intern
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 07:48:44 AM »
If Mega Man does not make the cut as the Capcom rep, Ryu should. He's a fighting game character, so he has a lot of material to draw from, and he'd be a natural fit in a Smash-type game.

Neutral B: Hadouken
Side B: Joudan Sokutou Geri (Street Fighter III) - a powerful side kick that shoves opponents away with great force
Up B: Shouryuken
Down B: Tatsumakisenpuukyaku (Hurricane Hick)
Final Smash (if SSBU will still have them): Mettsu Hadouken (like Mario's Final Mario)

Ryu's stage: The dojo roof from Street Fighter II
Assist Trophies: Ken, Guile, M. Bison (the dictator)

Considering Mega Man's omission from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the fact that they are using that lousy NES artwork as a basis to his design for Street Fighter vs. Tekken, I think Ryu would be the most likely Capcom represenative since, unlike Mega Man, they don't have a grudge against him.

Now, personally, I'd like to see Isaac and Felix from "Golden Sun" (the one main issue I had with Brawl was the lack of Golden Sun), Little Mac, & King K. Rool to appear in the game as playables.

For a final boss, K. Rool actually has a few rough outlets for attacks, and his Final Smash could be from "DK: Jungle Climber" where he grows to a massive size and terrorizes the arena, but unlike Giga Bowser, would be in the "enviroment" and would simply perform a few moves.  Plus, if they are going to have alternate attires, he's got 5 to work with (original, Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, "King Krusha" K. Rool, and the Egyptian-themed garb from "Mario Super Sluggers").

But, as far as third-party characters go, I'd like to see Rayman.  While there have been some fears about his wonky structure, the fact remains that he doesn't float around, so he operates with mythical limbs.  The one other major issue with him is cosmetics: in the oriental region, purple is associated as the color of the dead, and Rayman's body is purple, so he's blue in Japan.

There is one more thing I'd like to see: Goldeen should no longer be the Splashing Pokemon.  Goldeen can NEVER learn Splash!  Non-water Pokemon like Spoink and Wynaut learn Splash, but not Goldeen.

Offline S.Kirb

• Ikaros!
  • (8) Neutrino
  • Mario Kart Pro :D
Re: New Smash Bros game for WiiU and 3DS
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »
They announced that you can make your own characters in the new Smash Bros Game, dunno if its true but i read it somewhere..i think it was wikipedia (lol) :O

Offline JDogindy

• Notable Intern
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:31 AM »
They announced that you can make your own characters in the new Smash Bros Game, dunno if its true but i read it somewhere..i think it was wikipedia (lol) :O

While it would be nice to create your own fighter, I highly doubt it will actually be incorporated.

Offline Quote

• (2) Gluon
  • Duuuude, my snakes are huge...
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »
I want Ridley in the next game, as a playable character! If this doesn't happen, people will die... :evil:

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
Considering Mega Man's omission from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the fact that they are using that lousy NES artwork as a basis to his design for Street Fighter vs. Tekken, I think Ryu would be the most likely Capcom represenative since, unlike Mega Man, they don't have a grudge against him.
Ugh . . . I'm sick of hearing people say this.  Capcom doesn't hate Mega Man; they just stopped using him because Keiji Inafune is leaving.  Considering that when they tried to make Mega Man games without INAFKING before, we got Mega Man X6 & X7, I think it's sad, but probably for the best, that they quietly drop him.

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »
Eh, the only thing bad about X6 was the circumstances surrounding its creation. It's a solid X title, with more care and effort put into than X3 for sure. I personally like it better than X5, even.

Offline Keiang

• Homeless Magical Asshat
  • Nuclear Waste
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
Eh, the only thing bad about X6 was the circumstances surrounding its creation. It's a solid X title, with more care and effort put into than X3 for sure. I personally like it better than X5, even.
X6 had lazy design. It relies almost entirely on cheap difficulty in many major areas. You can still have fun with it, but the structure was shit and the execution was adequate at best.

Offline Triggerpigking

• (13) Neutron
  • There's EVIL afoot!!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
I played x6 and I thought it was petty fun havent played x7 though.
I think capcom just don't give a shit about megaman anymore though but considering the way capcom has been butchering theyre other great franchises lately *cough* dmc *cough* and the way there reaction to the  megaman legends sequel was pretty much make our game for us! I'm sorta happy theyve dropped megaman.  :coy: sorry went on a bit of a rant there.

On topic I think smash bros was only announced for the hype its going to be a while before we see it.
features and id want though would be being able to add your own music (seriously I would love this there was a lot of great music that I wouldve loved in brawl) and a better stage builder, building your own characters like s.kirb said would be awesome yet thats very unlikely.

As for characters id love to see klonoa mewtwo should return as he was a brilliant character in melee snake and sonic will both hopefully return and according to a few sources the creator of no more heroes wants travis touchdown in the series
and I can actually see him working as a character.
Also it would be incredibly unlikely and he would have to be toned down by miles but jack from madworld......hey I can dream.
A weird one again incredibly unlikely but francis york morgan theres a rumor deadly premonition might be coming to nintendos consoles and wierdly enough I can see him working as a character.

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »
X6 had lazy design. It relies almost entirely on cheap difficulty in many major areas. You can still have fun with it, but the structure was shit and the execution was adequate at best.

Yeah that's why I compared it to X3. They're in the same boat, really. I feel that X6 is the superior game between them.

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 05:49:18 PM »
There is one more thing I'd like to see: Goldeen should no longer be the Splashing Pokemon.  Goldeen can NEVER learn Splash!  Non-water Pokemon like Spoink and Wynaut learn Splash, but not Goldeen.
Yeah, for once, make it Magikarp.

Terra Alternata Visits