February 18, 2018, 08:19:34 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS  (Read 103100 times)

Description:

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »
http://www.1up.com/news/next-super-smash-bros-game-called-universe
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/articles/news/7987/First-details-about-the-next-Super-Smash-Bros-games-from-an-Iwata-Asks-interview

From leaked documents, it could be called Super Smash Bros. Universe, and it would be released for both the Wii U and the 3DS. Most interesting bit of news is that Capcom characters are being considered as new third-party characters.

This game will be a long ways off. It could be at least 2014 or 2015 when it is released.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:31:37 AM by Judge Spear »

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline CambridgeSMERSH

• (11) Higgs-Boson
  • Death to Spies
Re: New Smash Bros game
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
I've heard talk of a new Smash Bros. game for the 3DS, but I never think it could be released THAT late...

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:10:59 PM »
I've heard talk of a new Smash Bros. game for the 3DS, but I never think it could be released THAT late...

It took 7 years from Melee's release (2001) to Brawl's release outside of Japan (2008). Seven years after that is 2015, so that's not a far-off estimate.

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »
Honestly I'm not really looking forward to this one. Brawl kind of ruined my enjoyment of the series for a number of little reasons, and because Nintendo seems to have become completely incapable of making an AI for a multiplayer game that doesn't blatantly go out of its way to cheat at every opportunity.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »
It took 7 years from Melee's release (2001) to Brawl's release outside of Japan (2008). Seven years after that is 2015, so that's not a far-off estimate.

when was brawl's development announced or leaked though?

also yay let's finish MKF before they release this game, no official game can have both Malleo and Meggermangz in the same game before we do it ;p

Offline Divadale

• (11) Higgs-Boson
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:40 AM »
as close as I want the release to be I actually think Js is right. 

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »
I want Simon Belmont in my SSBU.

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
I want a decloned Ganondorf.  They have plenty of material to work with.

Also the return of Mewtwo.

Offline Tengu Man

• Robot Master
  • (9) Lepton
  • Life is Beautiful.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
As long as there's no slipping, the return of Mewtwo and Roy, and a better stage customizer system, I'l be fine.

Offline Chaos.Tiki

• Safety Inspector
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
If the slip is gone ill be happy with no other improvements or characters lol
I enjoy putting myself in exotic and awesome environments, then I make people play fan generated games they never knew existed.

Check out N-Toxicade on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/N.Toxicade

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
I want a decloned Ganondorf.  They have plenty of material to work with.
That's probably my biggest wish, but also one of the least likely to happen.  Then again, that may just be the pessimist in me talking.

Offline Warcheeso

• (14) Gamma Particle
  • A dreamer of sorts
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »
I honestly didn't see much of if any cheating by the CPU's in brawl honestly. the only things I didn't like about it was the tripping and the fact that some characters such as Pit were very cheap, vs Characters like Link, who is a Joke in comparison to to his own clone.

Characters I want to see This time:
 Toad: lets face it, after serving the princess and helping Mario for so long, I think he deserves more recognition as a fighter. the Little Mushroom Dude has been showing up a lot lately.. how the heck did he get so far in Bowsers castle in Mario 3D land anyway? is it that rumored super human strength we saw in SMB2?

Waluigi: why not? they already HAVE a move set for him in brawl, even though he is an assist trophy.

Megaman: as far as third parties go, He, Sonic, and Snake probably are the best choices for third party characters, especially after Megaman was excluded from UMVC3 by Crapcom.

Pac Man: he's been a Standing Icon of video games for a long time... ok I am joking with this one XD

Waddle Dee: either Spear Bandanna Dee from Kirby's return to Dreamland, or Parasol Waddle Dee... or even better, Parasol Waddle Doo would be interesting too.. having the melee attacks with the parasol and the beam attacks as special moves.. though if its anyone to be added from the Kirby series, it is likely going to be Knuckle Joe.

Wart: why? because they always have to add that obscure or almost Forgotten character.. look at the Pattern. on the N64, there was Nes, then on the Gamecube there was Ice Climbers, now on the Wii, there is ROB AND Pit... but then, they may do something more obscure than Wart...
I do Let's Plays! check out my channel at Warcheeso Productions on Youtube!

what? what shameless plug? I don't see a shameless plug!

"Life is a box of corn flakes. It's is full of different pieces that are never exactly the same, making each box a completely different experience.... I hate corn flakes." ~Warcheeso

SKINS BY ME
(click to show/hide)

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
The Brawl CPUs don't cheat, but in the transition between Melee and Brawl they forgot what a free for all was.

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
Mega Man for playable, Roll for assist trophy and Wily Castle for stage.
Music tracks could include Wily theme 1 from MM2, We Are the Robots from MM9, A boss battle medley and maybe a couple from spinoff series like Battle Network or MMX.

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
Characters like Link, who is a Joke in comparison to to his own clone.
I could definitely go for a faster Link.  I preferred Young Link in Melee, and Toon Link is my main in Brawl, but I'd like the option of a heavier Link who is still decently playable.
Megaman: as far as third parties go, He, Sonic, and Snake probably are the best choices for third party characters, especially after Megaman was excluded from UMVC3 by Crapcom.
I'd say he's a good bet, though I don't see why so many people complain about his absence from UMvC3 when we already had the best character in the Mega Man franchise, Zero.
though if its anyone to be added from the Kirby series, it is likely going to be Knuckle Joe.
You do realize Knuckle Joe was only in one game, right?  Personally, I think three Kirby characters is plenty, especially since the series isn't being made by HAL any more.

Terra Alternata Visits

anything