December 14, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

Author Topic: Forum Suggestions/Bug Reports  (Read 34693 times)

Description:

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
Forum Suggestions/Bug Reports
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »
You can post suggestions to improve the forum or point out bugs or glitches. Please do not post nitpicks; those aren't of any use to us. If an image is broken or a particular skin acts weird or text is hard to read or something like that, go ahead. Nitpicks? No.

KNOWN ISSUES (Please don't say anything about these unless otherwise told):

* Posting returns user to the the board instead of the topic. To change this, edit the Look and Layout options in your profile so that you "Return to topics after posting by default."
* Shoutbox does not appear properly in IE9 (Enable Compatibility View)
* Parts of MKFusion Black may not display properly when using Internet Explorer.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:13:48 PM by Cap'n Coconuts »

Offline Keiang

• Homeless Magical Asshat
  • Nuclear Waste
Re: Forum Suggestions/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 06:24:37 AM »
Suggestions:

> Remove the pictures of the games from the "Our Games" section, or replace them with ones that are a lot less tall (I'd suggest making an option to remove them, but I'm not sure if that's possible). It's annoying to scroll past them all the time. The only purpose these serve is to attract people who don't already know about the project, which is fine, but they're incredibly obnoxious. Also, the images are already there if you go to the Sub-Forum itself, so it feels kinda redundant too.

> Move the "About Mushroom Kingdom Fusion" thing into a pinned topic or something in the "Game Discussion (MKF)" child board. I don't think many people would like to scroll past the game's info every time they want to look at a topic.

Bugs:

> The default theme seems to slow down the forum, at least on my shitty comp. I tried a few of the others, and I think it has something to do with the slightly transparent effect this one has. (I think just making it completely opaque would be the best option here, since it isn't transparent enough to have much of an effect and if it was too transparent it'd get in the way.)

> The Staff-Only Boards can be accessed by anyone.

Vic

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 06:31:18 AM »
I dunno, this forum style looks absolutely terrible, but I don't know how to make it better. Bring the old one back, if possible.

and add a shop thing :3

and make it so i don't leave the topic when i post in it

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
> The Staff-Only Boards can be accessed by anyone.

Site News is supposed to be reply-only. I found that the moderator boards had incorrect permissions, so I edited them.

Is that all or is there something else?

Offline MoneyMan

• The Scariest Thing.jpg
  • Notable Intern
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 08:06:30 AM »
The game subforums images and stuff at the top is big and obnoxious. Get rid of it please.

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 11:24:38 AM »
Game banners in the subforums removed.

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline Keiang

• Nuclear Waste
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
Honestly, the banners in the subforums themselves didn't bug me so much as the ones under the links.

Still, thanks JS.

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »
Spoiler tags enabled. The tags and usage are the same.
(click to show/hide)

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline Keiang

• Nuclear Waste
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 12:07:54 PM »

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
> Remove the pictures of the games from the "Our Games" section, or replace them with ones that are a lot less tall (I'd suggest making an option to remove them, but I'm not sure if that's possible). It's annoying to scroll past them all the time.

The total height of the banners + child boards is less than the ones in Zetaboards MKF and SMF had, except in there they were text only instead of a picture; the only difference is there are 3 more for the other games now, which is like the purpose of this new site.

Also each game's section in the "our games" links from the home page, originally their forums weren't even going to be in there, just the game's description and their download links, but they got their whole individual forums on the bottom in the end.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:07:08 PM by Del »

Offline KingClark

• The First Guy (From The Old Forums)
  • (11) Higgs-Boson
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
Nix the screenshots on the board in favor of making screenshot threads. It seems to take up a bunch of space.

Also: the forum has a habit of taking me back to the board that I posted in rather than the topic. Is there a way to fix this?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:12:32 PM by KingClark »

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »
For not returning to the topic after posting:

Go to Profile, then Modify Profile -> Look and Layout. Check "Return to topics after posting by default."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:55:14 PM by Cap'n Coconuts »

Offline Dvv

• Nuclear Waste
  • Megaman fanboy, dood!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
Adding spoiler tags would be nice if possible.

Check out my youtube page here,  I'll be uploading Let's Plays, and various other gaming related things.

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 02:56:02 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline MrSM

• That oldfag
  • Nuclear Waste
  • Dementia a potu
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »
Adding spoiler tags would be nice if possible.
Or tweaking the outlook on them