August 17, 2017, 11:47:04 PM

Author Topic: Mega Man: Recharged  (Read 55522 times)

Description:

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
Re: Mega Man: Recharged
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »
I like it. It really has a "Metal Foundry" look to it.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2016, 03:03:32 PM »
I've made a few modifications that I think make it look better. The differences aren't major, but I don't think it looks "off" anymore.
(click to show/hide)

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline EvilMariobot

• Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »
Subtle, but yeah, it does look a tad better.

Nodus

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2016, 04:26:49 AM »
I've made a few modifications that I think make it look better. The differences aren't major, but I don't think it looks "off" anymore.
(click to show/hide)
[/quote very cool and amazing! i think this level will be my preferred

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »
Minor status update:
The RL issues that were stressing me out have been assuaged- at least for the time being. As such the game is no longer on hiatus (although technically it hasn't really been on hiatus since I went and finished those previous two levels).
I'm currently making good progress on Chain Man's stage- I've finished planning the layout and am in the process of adding tiles and collision to it.

Past that, I plan on adding a couple mid-game cutscenes, putting in the options menu, and finally adding in the save system before moving on to the fortress stages.

I'm hoping the fortress stages don't take me as long to develop as the RM stages have- while they do generally reuse a lot of content from the robot master levels, they will have some of their own unique enemies and gimmicks, particularly the earlier stages.
In any case, though, the game is getting close to being officially 50% complete.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline EvilMariobot

• Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »
Good to hear! I'm pulling for you.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »
Also, one last quick mention- my primary composer, Sebamkfan (currently going by the name of "Golden Shades") has started uploading the OST for the game. He's mainly just going to upload the robot master themes and anything else pre-Fortress, at least until v1.0 finally comes out, whenever that will be.
Here's a link to his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCukqcddqjjRxhJaFnyo6xQ

Offline 2Dknight

• (1) Quark
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »
Ran into this on youtube, Love the idea and execution. I also develop with Game maker albeit Studio and now Studio 2. I also a good sprite artist, just offering help if wanted. Also I think id be cool to add a feature not seen since MM8 I always loved how when [in that game] you ran out of weapons energy you auto reverted to your buster, and could still keep the colors of that weapon, sadly not done since.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2017, 03:48:20 AM »
Good news folks, I'm nearing the official half-way point in MM:R's development. I've finished the last of the robot master stages, I just need to finish putting together a few last features before I go about putting together the final update video, so stay tuned.

Offline EvilMariobot

• Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
Wonderful news!

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2017, 11:40:51 PM »
Sorry for the delay; it's taking a bit longer than I expected to get everything ready with this iteration of the source. I had to go back and add in a bunch of weapon interactions for some of the bosses that I forgot about, and now I've got a sizeable list of minor bugs and other issues I need to go through and fix before I'm ready to focus on making a vid.
I'll have it up whenever I have it up.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2017, 07:19:06 PM »
Alright, sorry, folks, but it looks like I'm not as ready to release a new video yet after all. I recently brought in a new batch of beta testers, and the general feedback I've gotten so far has me going back and making a number of major changes to both levels and the special weapons among other things, which is going to take me some time to get done. So unfortunately I'm going to have to hold off on that last vid for the time being.

Offline Calvan

• I'm a wubbah mayun!
  • Fusion Engineer
  • You can't run.
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2017, 06:23:15 AM »
Progression is progression. Keep it up man! You're on the home stretch!

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2017, 05:27:48 PM »
Just a minor status update for everyone wondering what's going on with the game:

While I know I said months ago that I would have a new video update "soon", when I finally finished v0.5 of the game, I found that the majority of my beta testers... weren't testing anything. So I went and brought in a handful of new testers who would actually get the job done, and they ended up finding a fairly large number of issues with the game, ultimately forcing me to go back and rework a fairly large swath of the game, including a handful of levels and pretty much every single weapon. On top of that, trying to successfully implement key configuration in a GM8 project is proving to be a lesson in frustration. These coupled with a bit of creative burnout have forced me to delay the video update for a while longer than I would have liked, so that I can get everything running up to snuff.
I can't really give an estimate as to when the update will actually be; it'll be out when it's out. All I can really say.

Offline EvilMariobot

• Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
You could've posted the beta on this site. I'm at least still here to test it. (or maybe just PM me the beta)

anything