December 14, 2017, 07:06:39 AM

Author Topic: Mega Man: Recharged  (Read 61251 times)

Description:

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Mega Man: Untitled
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:53 AM »
I'm just curious, will be FungusMan's stage some kind of an mushroom forest?

Not quite. Currently Fungus Man's stage is slated to take place in a natural gas extraction facility, which is set in a swamp overgrown with large mushrooms.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
  • Robot Master of TNT...and author of SMWF
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 08:13:12 AM »
I'm just curious, will be FungusMan's stage some kind of an mushroom forest?

Not quite. Currently Fungus Man's stage is slated to take place in a natural gas extraction facility, which is set in a swamp overgrown with large mushrooms.
So that's why Fungusman got his name.
I heard about a Youtuber who creates music for your game.
Luteus is his name, as I remember...

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html
-Super Mario Cave Story (on hold): *no link*

Weapons: Nitro Blast, Nitro Shower
Good Point: Gets the job done.
Bad Point: Unstable.
Dislikes: Hyperactive People.
Quote:  “Have a blast, MegaMan!”
(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »
Is that the guy who did that Laser Man theme? Whoever told you they're doing the music for my game now doesn't now what they're talking about. He just asked me if he could try doing one song, and I didn't really like the way it turned out. I haven't been able to get in contact with him past that.
Not that it matters, since I haven't really gotten a lot of work done on the game lately, so I'm not really ready to start looking for music yet.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 09:47:39 AM »
Is that the guy who did that Laser Man theme? Whoever told you they're doing the music for my game now doesn't now what they're talking about. He just asked me if he could try doing one song, and I didn't really like the way it turned out. I haven't been able to get in contact with him past that.
Not that it matters, since I haven't really gotten a lot of work done on the game lately, so I'm not really ready to start looking for music yet.
Well, I have to say that he also did SoundMan.

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html

(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Mega Man: Recharged
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 02:14:52 PM »
Hey everyone, Lars here.

It's been some time since I last posted in this thread, but I'd like to announce my return to work on my "untitled Mega Man fangame". Which, by the way, can no longer be called that. I've finally given it a name:

Progress is fairly slow right now, but at least it's moving along. Most of the work I've done on it since I started again has been engine work and bug-fixing, but I've also taken the liberty of spriting up and starting codework on all the common enemies in the game, so I'll have something to work various rooms in the levels around. I've got most of them complete so far, including all the enemies for Desert Man's stage. My next task after that will be to finish up Sound Man and Desert Man's stages. Sound Man's is going to require a major redesign, though, as I've reworked some of the hazards in it and will need to rework the level to utilize them properly.

I unfortunately don't really have anything to show off at the moment other than the newly redone title screen, as most of the work I've done has been code-based. Expect that to change once I get back into working on the stages again.

Most of the main details of the game are still listed on the first page of this topic. I haven't changed any Robot Masters or anything (apart from a few minor design tweaks), so all the main stuff is still the same.
I have, however, decided on the following additional details for the game:

-The game will have difficulty modes, similar to MM10.

-It will utilize a password system, just like the classic games.  I currently have no intention of adding a save system.

-There will be a charge shot available in the game somewhere, just not from the start. I intend for it to be unlocked somehow, by either unlocking it in a stage, unlocking it in several stages via letters, or by completing the game once, possibly on Hard. I haven't decided yet.

-I may add additional playable characters at some point. They will not be in the initial release, though, which I intend to have only Mega Man on normal difficulty.

And that's it for now. Stay tuned for further updates in the future.

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
I like the idea of getting the charge shot through letters.

Anyway, I'm willing to give coding help if you like.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 04:06:38 AM »
Hey everyone, Lars again.
I'm making a little more headway with my game right now; I've finished coding up all of the common, non-level-themed enemies that will be used in the game; with that done I can move on to finishing up those two levels I showed off in my last vid.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed that I didn't really have anything to show off in my last post, so I've decided to make up for that by showing off a handful of the various enemies that will be appearing throughout the game.

First off, let's start out with Recharged's take on a returning classic: the Shield Attacker F.

He seems just like the previous versions. I wonder what the "F" stands for?...

Oh, that's what. Rather than physically turning around, his shield seperates and quickly flips around to the back in one quick motion. It doesn't really provide anything new in terms of attacks, but it does allow it to change directions noticeably faster than it's predecessors.

Next up, here's one you may have seen the prototype of in my Laser Man vid. The Duraparu.

It's a redesigned version of the green laser-firing enemies shown in my Laser Man video. The original design suffered a bit from over-specification, so I simplified them a bit.

They basically hang from the ceiling until Mega Man approaches, then attacking by dropping down to his level and firing off two simultaneous shots in both directions, then propelling themselves back up to the ceiling. It's a fairly simple design, but has a lot of potential usage.

Here's one you might have already seen in my last video, the Mastermound.

It doesn't really have any means of defending itself, but it's sole purpose is to pump out a constant stream of small "Antroid" robots.

While the Antroids can be taken out in one shot, the Mastermound itself has a decent amount of hitpoints, and can quickly overrun the room with robotic ants if left unchecked for too long.

It wouldn't be a Mega Man game without some sort of armored enemy that slides along the floor. Here's Recharged's version, the Floorspike.

Like other similar enemies before it, the Floorspike speeds up if the player is on the same level. It is immune to almost all weaponry, but does freeze in place for a moment when shot.

And did I mention it has a small improvement over it's predecessors? The Floorspike will readily fire it's spike straight up into the air as the player passes over it, to be quickly replaced by a new one.

Here's one last one from my vids, the Scatterpod.

It's pretty straight-forward. It just sits in the air, intermittently firing a bullet out of one of it's 8 cannons in a circular pattern. Whether the pattern is clockwise or counter-clockwise varies.

Of course, the game has it's share of big enemies too. This formidable fellow is named Kaboomski.

He sits in place and fires large balls that explode on contact, and also explode when shot. Even worse, he's completely immune to all projectiles!!!

Well, mostly immune. Although it doesn't seem to damage him, he really doesn't seem to like being shot in the face. Is there any way to damage him at all??

Well, seems Kaboomski probably should have tightened up the bolt fastening his cannon to its base, as he seems to have swiveled loose from those shots to the head. How embarrassing! Better take advantage of his situation before he can right himself again.

And lastly, this game wouldn't be complete without its own take on the huge robot that jumps into the air and tries to crush our favorite blue robot. This is the Rokettojampaa.

He seems like your standard "Big Eye" -type enemy. He has a lot of HP, and deals a ton of damage if he lands on the player.
However he's not quite as "standard" as he seems. He does have one big trick up his sleeve for anyone not expecting it...

Dodging his body alone isn't enough to stay out of harm's way with him. Be prepared to jump after you avoid him.

Anyway, that's just a handful of the various enemies that are planned for this game. I'm not going to spoil them all, though, the others you guys'll have to discover for yourselves once the game is complete.
Stay tuned for more updates in the future!

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 04:16:37 AM »
Nice to see this game has a proper name now. And 100% less anson5555.

Would it be okay that, when you've made more progress in your game, that we give it its own set of development boards, seeing as it's a game made by a Fusion Team developer?

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 12:44:05 PM »
Kaboomski is an awesome name.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »
Would it be okay that, when you've made more progress in your game, that we give it its own set of development boards, seeing as it's a game made by a Fusion Team developer?

Yeah, that'd be fine. Maybe after I get a few more stages complete at the least.

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
Those enemies look interesting.

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2013, 04:42:56 AM »
I agree on that.

My games:

(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Honoured Brother FM

• Venerable Dreadnought
  • (19) Molecule
  • Repent, for tomorrow you die.
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »
It's nice to see you even created names for the enemies, classic Mega Man style!

Rokettojumpaa looks almost more frightening than the jumper in Rockman 4 Minus Infinity... If only because it can move.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Calvan

• I'm a wubbah mayun!
  • Fusion Engineer
  • You can't run.
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
Looks great. :)

I have just one thing to day.

DOMLOD! DOMLOD! *shot*

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 12:38:38 AM »
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've last given any sort of update on this game. Well, to answer the question of why it's been so long, it's been a combination of a rekindling of interest in working on MKF, coupled with a really unpleasant code issue I couldn't figure out until recently. But fortunately I was able to find a solution (for the most part), so with that obstacle out of the way I was able to make some more progress on the game.

Recharged now has its second finished robot master stage- Desert Man. You may have seen part of the level's original layout back in the last video I posted on my YouTube channel- I've since reworked the layout a good deal. I've taken some screenshots to show off a bit of the level.
(pictures embedded in spoiler tags due to size)

(click to show/hide)

Being a desert, you can expect to run into cacti and various other desert-themed foes, like these frilled-lizard robots, named Frizzards. Careful, when you destroy them their crazy legs have enough momentum to keep going without the body!

(click to show/hide)

You'll encounter vast fields of deadly cactus spikes in places. You'll need to ride a dust devil platform provided by conveniently-placed generators in order to get across them unscathed. Don't stay on too long, though, the dust devils will only stay spinning for so long...

(click to show/hide)

Being a Mega Man game, you can expect to run into obstacles you'll need a specific robot master weapon to get past, like these big cacti. These only block an alternate route, but similar obstacles in other levels may hide secrets...

(click to show/hide)

You won't have to spend all of your time out in the sizzling desert sun. But these ruins hold their own share of dangers.

(click to show/hide)

The level's most prominent feature is the solar collector field, stretching over a wide area to collect as much sunlight as possible. Unfortunately this tends to make the sun-baked panels extremely hot, and rather harmful to stand on. Fortunately there are patches of shade created by artificial clouds throughout the field, that cool down the panels enough to touch safely. Many of them move, though, forcing you to keep up to avoid burning your feet. And don't forget to watch out for enemies traversing the field...

(click to show/hide)

Did I say the dust devil platforms were conveniently placed? Let's just say that doesn't quite hold true for all of them...

And at the very end, we have Desert Man himself.
(click to show/hide)

Desert Man tends to spend a good portion of the battle underneath the sand. He tends to pop out when you least expect it.

(click to show/hide)

While he never attempts to jump out directly underneath the player, he does prefer to follow up with his signature weapon, the Sand Curtain. It's rather easy to be caught by this if you aren't ready to dodge when he pops up.

(click to show/hide)

And of course, he does have a few other tricks up his sleeve. I'm not going to give away everything he's capable of here.

Anyway, once I've finished hammering out a few last issues with the stage, I've got everything set up to put together Sound Man's stage next. His level is also going to get a major revamp from what I showed in the video.

Past that, I've been putting together a few more level tilesets. I've taken the liberty of using them to put together a few mockups to get an idea of how some of the other robot master stages are going to look...
(click to show/hide)

Stay tuned for more updates in the future.

anything