September 19, 2018, 09:57:20 AM

Author Topic: Mega Man: Recharged  (Read 75069 times)

Description:

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
Mega Man: Recharged
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
IMPORTANT- THE OFFICIAL MM:R DISCUSSION THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED HERE: http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1950

Hey all, Lars Luron here.

This is the official topic for my Mega Man fangame, Mega Man: Recharged. (Formerly Mega Man: Untitled)

This game is still a work in progress. It's being made almost entirely by myself using Game Maker 8, with the majority of the soundtrack made in Famitracker by a fellow by the name of Sebamkfan, and the rest made by Threxx (who also worked on some of the soundtrack for Mega Man: Super Fighting Robot).

Mega Man: Recharged is a classic-style Mega Man game made using a heavily-modified version of the engine Riverroad made for Day in the Limelight, and features a whole new set of weapons, enemies, plot elements, and of course, Robot Masters.
The gameplay is meant to be sort of a mix of Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 4- Mega Man can slide, summon Rush in the usual forms (sans Marine), etc.

Game features:
-Save system
-No charge shots from the start, but players can potentially obtain them later on.
-MM10-style difficulty settings
-Hidden items
-Exit Module
-Dynamic weapon effects! Using certain weapons on a Robot Master (other than their weakness) can cause varying reactions based on when and how they're used, similar to MM7. These effects can be either beneficial or harmful to the player.

There may be additional extra content added eventually, but not until the main game is finished.

The game will have the basic MM level structure; 8 robot master levels, with 2 sets of fortress levels.
The robot masters are as follows:

Sound Man
Aero Man
Fungus Man
Chain Man
Quake Man
Laser Man
Desert Man
Dino Man
(click to show/hide)

Currently, all the robot master stages are complete except one, which is still in the spriting stages.

I've also done some artwork of the robot masters whose levels I've completed, which you can view in the following thread:
Official Robot Master Artwork

The plot of this game is something I'm going to be keeping under wraps, to avoid possible spoilers. What I will say is that it will start out seeming like your standard "Wily wants to take over" plot, but will ultimately deviate from the norm. I don't plan on having anything depressing or whatnot like the endings of Unlimited or Rock Force, but it will kind of shake up the status quo a bit. You'll have to play the finished game to find out.

I currently have no plans to release a playable version of the game until at least the entire game on Normal difficulty is finished. I'd rather people be able to get the entire experience at once, rather than experience half of it now and the other half a year or so later.

Anyway, you can find various screenshots and info for the completed levels among the various progress reports in this thread. While this initial post will be updated with any major information, any minor updates and the like will be posted as they happen.

Video Updates:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:30:57 PM by Lars Luron »

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
Re: Mega Man: Untitled
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
When does the sand person board complete? :P
Seriously though, I never knew the charge shot was unlockable. Did you decide on this recently?

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:53:26 PM »
When does the sand person board complete? :P
Seriously though, I never knew the charge shot was unlockable. Did you decide on this recently?

Pretty sure I mentioned this back in the thread in the other board.
Yeah, if I include the Charge Buster at all, it'll only be available via unlock- although I haven't decided how. I might have a single "charge adaptor" stashed in a secret part of a level someplace, I might use the Mega Man 5 method of having to find an icon hidden in each stage to find it. Or I might make it sort of a new game+ sort of thing you get for having completed the game. I haven't figured it out yet.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline Chaos.Tiki

• Safety Inspector
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:13:01 PM »
New Game Plus is a cool idea.  I also like the idea of finding parts for it throughout the game.  That makes us have to explore the stages in depth.
I enjoy putting myself in exotic and awesome environments, then I make people play fan generated games they never knew existed.

Check out N-Toxicade on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/N.Toxicade

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
  • Robot Master of TNT...and author of SMWF
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
New Game Plus is a cool idea.  I also like the idea of finding parts for it throughout the game.  That makes us have to explore the stages in depth.
I have to agree, although New Game + doesn't go well for a MegaMan game...

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html
-Super Mario Cave Story (on hold): *no link*

Weapons: Nitro Blast, Nitro Shower
Good Point: Gets the job done.
Bad Point: Unstable.
Dislikes: Hyperactive People.
Quote:  “Have a blast, MegaMan!”
(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »
It went pretty well for Mega Man: Powered Up, so I don't see the problem here.

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
Yeah I like the idea of putting parts in secret areas, maybe you can do like in many other Mega Man games and block some of these paths with objects only certain weapons can break or something, to add replay value, though it'd be a good idea to add an exit stage option once you beat it too.

Offline Rukifellth

• Notable Intern
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »
Reminds me of an idea I had of reviving Megaman Universe as a 2d NES styled Megaman game, but retaining the character cusomisation and level creator...

Do you think such a thing would be possible?

Well, with the custom characters being made by drawing new sprites for them, so you can make any character you'd like...

Vic

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 03:00:21 AM »
Actually, me and my friends were making this 2D Megaman Deathmatch kinda thing, and it was to have customizable characters and shit, and weapons from all the megaman games (that are not clones), but we just kinda lost interest in making it.

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
Actually, me and my friends were making this 2D Megaman Deathmatch kinda thing, and it was to have customizable characters and shit, and weapons from all the megaman games (that are not clones), but we just kinda lost interest in making it.
I think I saw a video of that on YouTube . . . that was you?

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
Not unless he goes by CutmanMike there.

Offline D-TurboKiller

• Nuke Testing Ragdoll
  • Notable Intern
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 02:04:52 AM »

CutmanMike's is 3D.
See the difference?

I'd still like to see someone try that, though. I can't since I have vacation (and life renovation... yeah.) in 2 days.
Although now that I think about it, I think I've actually seen a 2D one a long time ago. Hmm.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:10:36 AM by D-TurboKiller »

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 06:39:55 AM »

CutmanMike's is 3D.
See the difference?

I'd still like to see someone try that, though. I can't since I have vacation (and life renovation... yeah.) in 2 days.
Although now that I think about it, I think I've actually seen a 2D one a long time ago. Hmm.
Uhm, do you mean "MegaMan: Power Melee" (working title)?

Back to on-topic:
I'm just curious, will be FungusMan's stage some kind of an mushroom forest?

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html

(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 11:18:08 AM »
No, Mega Man: Power Melee is a Smash Bros/Power Fighters-esque game by Magne.

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:44:59 AM »
No, Mega Man: Power Melee is a Smash Bros/Power Fighters-esque game by Magne.
Whoops, sorry, my fault...

My games:

(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Terra Alternata Visits