November 13, 2018, 11:53:12 AM

Author Topic: Internet censorship is coming!  (Read 29127 times)

Description:

Offline Gladiacloud

• Fusion Engineer
Internet censorship is coming!
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »

Current status: I retired permanently from MKF. However, I could go back to work for Mario Fusion.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Safety Inspector
Re: Internet censorship is coming!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »
I didn't understand what bill could be decided... is it this bill concerning video games on the internet? That you are not allowed to put videos of video games online?

Offline dsc

• (6) Muon
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »
it talking about youtube, facebook and others like it having the chance of being shut down, my personal opinion? its a damn scam, the government will not shut youtube down, the government is getting lots of money off of youtube, ppl would riot and it was probably cause a civil war within usa, i believe the government knows this would happen, thats why they won't shut it down and thats why this is a scam
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:05:48 PM by dsc »

Offline Your Freindly Neighborhood Das

• DAS FILTH BRAH
  • (6) Muon
  • o.O
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »
No,This bill is going to affect torrenting,piracy, and free will,which is why it needs to be stopped.
It violates the constitution.

Youtube wont be shut down.
Facebook wont be shut down.

They will be used as a form of public tracking,
just like they are now.

Offline Dvv

• Nuclear Waste
  • Megaman fanboy, dood!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »
No, internet censorship is not coming.  People try to pass off shit like this like every other year, if not EVERY year.  Have you seen an actual internet censorship bill yet? No, because it violates the constitution.  People get worked up every single time like its such a big deal.  The internet being censored in America is low.

Check out my youtube page here,  I'll be uploading Let's Plays, and various other gaming related things.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »
Oh dear lord... Didn't we just go through this exact same nonsense with a similar bill not that long ago? In fact I think there's been multiple of these bills where people misinterpreted what was going on and immediately started freaking out OMG THERE GOING TOO TAKE OUR FREDOMS AND BAN YOUTUBE!!!1!
Every one of these damn things has been a result of people not doing the freaking research. Hell, the last one people were panicked over, it was already in place, they were just trying to pass an amendment to the damn thing.

I'm not like a conspiracy nut or anything like that, but I swear the people starting this nonsense all the time have to be like politicians or whatnot who oppose the bill and just want to utilize the gross ignorance of the general public to work in their favor.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline D-TurboKiller

• Nuke Testing Ragdoll
  • Notable Intern
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »
Didn't we have the exact same topic last year (or the year before)? Even the website looks too familiar.
Since this is far too ridiculous to happen anyway, feel free to ignore yet another bullshit website.

Censorship on YouTube DOES happen far too many times though. It's retarded that I can't watch a video just because it's "not available in my country". What the hell are you talking about, this is the Internet, why does it need to be country-restricted if I can see it from here? Too many stupid "laws" from people who do nothing of any real worth.

Offline RisingManes

• (18) Atom
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
At this point, I treat it as a yearly attempt. "Oh welp. Time to petition again."

Sign the petition anyway since it's simply not meant to be. Only harm can come from censoring piracy.

The joke will be on the ones who do pass this law. And the ones who started the massive flame war.

The Government does this every damn year, I swear.

Offline ghost2258

• (4) Boson
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »
Yeah, this is very similar to that last bill and no it isn't a scam, they have been reintroducing it over and over and they actually have adds to promote it in a few magazines. Basically the bill will give the industries with the believed copyright infringement the ability to shut down a website if it is suspected of copyright infringement. Which in my opinion is way to much power for any industry to have no matter what their problem is.

Offline MegaSergio92

• (12) Proton
  • Dedede will arrive
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
This shit again?

We should call this thread "Internet Censorship 2: Electric Boogaloo".
Typical signature stooff.

You can see me in deviantArt as Sergy92

Offline RisingManes

• (18) Atom
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
They do this.

All.

The time.

Doesn't mean we get to ignore it, though. The instant we stop caring, this shit gets closer to being passed.

Offline Gladiacloud

• Fusion Engineer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:41 AM »
Current status: I retired permanently from MKF. However, I could go back to work for Mario Fusion.

Offline Keiang

• Homeless Magical Asshat
  • Nuclear Waste
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 02:24:58 PM »
You'd think they'd be too busy trying to fix the economy to try and get stupid bills like this passed. Especially considering that this would actually destroy jobs.

Offline RisingManes

• (18) Atom
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »
Bah. I can't relax without some threat to my already-deprived way of life looming over the horizon.

Can't. Fucking. Relax. Literally. I'm shaking here. You'd think they would just throw it into the pike of crazy laws that would not get passed no matter how much bribery is given.

But since I already have a low opinion of governments in general...

This can't end well.

Don't let me be right. Don't let me be right.

Offline Dvv

• Nuclear Waste
  • Megaman fanboy, dood!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 10:11:12 AM »
Can't. Fucking. Relax. Literally. I'm shaking here. You'd think they would just throw it into the pike of crazy laws that would not get passed no matter how much bribery is given.
See every post I have in this thread.  There is no need to worry, they try shit like this like at least twice a year.  It didn't pass the first time its not going to pass the 10th time.

This can't end well.

Don't let me be right. Don't let me be right.
But you're never right about stuff like this, its just your baseless paranoia.

Check out my youtube page here,  I'll be uploading Let's Plays, and various other gaming related things.

Terra Alternata Visits

anything