December 14, 2017, 07:01:59 AM

Author Topic: G.M.O.S.S.E  (Read 38294 times)

Description:

Offline Emerald Master

• The Enjoyment of Creativity!
  • (3) Photon
    • YouTube Channel
Re: G.M.O.S.S.E
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 04:10:54 AM »
Gone for nearly 3 years, come back, and pleasantly surprised by the fact that you managed to have your first commercial game be released! Congrats on your first commercial game release! Glad to see that somethin' like this has happened to ya! :D

The updates to GMOOSE so far are very well done, I must say, it's somethin' else to see this project still growin' even now, or at least recently! Apologizes for me bein' gone for so long, FGW hasn't really peaked my interest lately or for the past while until now. Glad to see you have started a path to success with GMOOSE and glad to see all is well in this topic and project, just not as active as it was in its past, but great to see it still alive and glad to see it again at all! C:

Offline BPzeBanshee

• (7) Tau
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 05:59:06 AM »
Good to hear from you again! I wasn't sure how you felt regarding the use of your fonts in commercial projects so Zenohell doesn't use them, but GMOSSE still has the option there.

Overall I think while GMOSSE isn't anywhere near "done" as a game it's definitely serving its purpose in propelling projects forward with its code. I know of at least one person that's not connected to Team Grybanser Fox that is really pulling GMOSSE to pieces and making something real interesting in the future, and several others that use portions of the best-practice code.

One thing I got fed up with recently was a lack of loop point support in audio, long story short I made an Audiere wrapper which is my first foray into C/C++ and have since removed GMFMODSimple entirely out of GMOSSE. The DLL is called GMALP for lack of a more creative title, and removes the last critical part of this that's even remotely anti-dev-friendly regarding licensing. All that's really left to replace in the resource department is the Gleylancer voiceovers and a couple of altered sounds, not counting music files.

The music DLL is a little less fleshed out than I'd like. It supports multiple loop points but the indexes for them are kept in an internal sorted list in Audiere namespace that I can't reliably track from the outside without making my own separate sorted list with the same behaviour which I don't know how to do yet. I also have no idea how to remove something that's been loaded into memory back out again manually, so naturally using the streaming option is not only recommended practice but essential.
G.M.O.S.S.E - The Game Maker Open-Source Shmup Engine
Currently at MK-IX, updated 30/11/2016

Offline BPzeBanshee

• (7) Tau
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2016, 09:35:29 PM »
Ok guys I did another update. There's not a lot of gameplay-related changes but the internal changes are quite drastic as you might be able to tell just looking at this screenshot. Changelog was way too long so I summarised it in the readme.

Download: Dropbox / Mediafire

I also have the original soundtrack folder that made use of Gleylancer and Crue Ball tunes. If you wish to use that download from here, extract to your GMOSSE folder and select the config file for it from the Audio Options ingame.
G.M.O.S.S.E - The Game Maker Open-Source Shmup Engine
Currently at MK-IX, updated 30/11/2016