October 15, 2018, 04:24:56 AM

Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch  (Read 2852 times)

Description:

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
The Nintendo Switch
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:18:26 PM »
A topic for it didn't exist and people were discussing it in the Shoutbox so I decided to make a thread.

Currently, people don't know much about the device besides what Nintendo has shown in the trailer above. That said, I do know that Nvidia is making a custom Tegra processor for it.

Offline Tiger Festival

• (15) Beta Particle
Re: The Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 02:53:35 AM »
Nintendo somewhat mislead ppl with the reveal trailer. He are videos to back this up.

So yeah, that's a REALLY bad move on Nintendo's part.
Characters I'll be maining.

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »
Misleading trailers or not, you got to admit, third party support is really encouraging this time around.

I'm still thinking Smash Bros. for Switch will, at the bare minimum, be a consolidated version of the WiiU and 3DS versions; likely with all DLC content out of the box. Hopefully it'll include some extras like new alt-character skins (Daisy over Peach, Bass/Protoman over Mega Man) or even Ice Climbers, Wolf and Snake, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. If it has some kind of connectivity that lets you import your trophies, equipment and whatnot from the 3DS and WiiU versions, that'll be a major selling point for me, as well.

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 05:40:18 PM »
If the system fails to have Skyrim or that basketball game at launch, I expect some backlash.

Nvidia will also have to answer for their claim that the Switch will have lots of games.

Offline Tiger Festival

• (15) Beta Particle
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 07:49:21 PM »
Misleading trailers or not, you got to admit, third party support is really encouraging this time around.

I'm still thinking Smash Bros. for Switch will, at the bare minimum, be a consolidated version of the WiiU and 3DS versions; likely with all DLC content out of the box. Hopefully it'll include some extras like new alt-character skins (Daisy over Peach, Bass/Protoman over Mega Man) or even Ice Climbers, Wolf and Snake, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. If it has some kind of connectivity that lets you import your trophies, equipment and whatnot from the 3DS and WiiU versions, that'll be a major selling point for me, as well.

I imagine regarding smash that'll likely happen excluding the skins and Ice Climbers of course.

Truth be told, I remembered alot of third party devs were on board with the Wii U only to abandon it months later. I know they made gimped ports, but it's Nintendo's fault for allowing that to happen. Plus many Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party games, that's pretty concerning and may give 3rd parties more reason to abandon the system.

If the system fails to have Skyrim or that basketball game at launch, I expect some backlash.

Nvidia will also have to answer for their claim that the Switch will have lots of games.

Stuff like that is what may kill off the system get ppl to be more distrustful of Nintendo than ever. I know I sound like a negative Nancy, but I'm just merely pointing out genuine concerns I have considering Nintendo's track record of lackluster systems and misleading ppl into believing they learned from their mistakes when they really haven't. But we'll just wait and see what happens, if you ask me though I think this will do better than the Wii U, but not as good as it should.
Characters I'll be maining.

Offline luigiguy

• (1) Quark
  • playing wiiu!
    • nintendo blog
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »

I think we'll see a port of Sm4sh but hopefully (like you said) it has something new. Just support for the switch interface between consoles would be amazing, but pair that with a GC joy con and bam. I'm sold.
i'm a huge SNES and WII U fan. I write for a nintendo fan site and i collect nintendo figurines... yet even the crappy ones!

Terra Alternata Visits

anything