August 21, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

Author Topic: TwinTails has been redesigned - level designers needed!  (Read 2567 times)

Description: new engine, new look, new premise.

Offline TwinTails

• Support my personal project.
  • (13) Neutron
  • Many fangasms to be had.
    • www.formspring.com
TwinTails has been redesigned - level designers needed!
« on: February 19, 2016, 12:01:57 PM »

That's right. After an engine change in September 2014 and the resolve to overhaul the graphics in late 2015, TwinTails: Tales From The Canopy has been completely re-imagined. Now that I'm able to get in touch with the forums on a consistent basis and the engine is 100% complete, I can now enlist help from the community.

I have successfully created a juxtaposition of Metriodvania/Action RPG/Survival Horror gameplay. Here's what the project's overworlds will look like, think Trilby's Notes:

The woman in the image is a placeholder used to convey what the game's concept will be. She is an edit of Libra Heart's Succubus (nsfw).

The following pics are of the alpha build:

The graphics in the above screens (sans the menu and HUD) are placeholders; the rest is the actual engine. I am now in the graphic design phase and plan to add story related content after the levels are added in.

This is where the easy part comes in: the level design will require no programming knowledge or knowledge of Game Maker. To those who decide to assist, there is a freeware program called GMare (Game Maker Alternate Room Editor). I will include a download link of the game's GMare project file and a link to the room editor's topic page.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=499060

project file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wb1cugz9de0rsd3/tt_gmare_devkit_1_0.gmpx

Nothing convoluted when designing the levels, just follow this template...

...and the guides in the following spoiler tags and be as lazy as you want, I'll do the rest.

What is your Attractive Rating?
Your Result: 6-7
Judging from your responses, you're probably a person who is a 6-7 in terms of attractiveness. You're people who have just that average look. Not too ugly, but not exactly hot either. Either you got a good looking face, or a good looking body. Being average is better than nothing, you're amongst the "Semi-Athletes" or "Ghetto" type people. By Semi-Athletes i mean those in the lesser known or unpopular sports like Tennis or Badminton. But be glad you're at least average cause at least you get some every now and then :).
Result Breakdown:
82% 6-7
76% 8-10
58% 3-5
24% 0-2

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Offline TwinTails

• (13) Neutron
    • www.formspring.com
Re: TwinTails has been redesigned - level designers needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »

Overworlds will appear shortly

Dungeons

Queendom of Visteria
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Judging from your responses, you're probably a person who is a 6-7 in terms of attractiveness. You're people who have just that average look. Not too ugly, but not exactly hot either. Either you got a good looking face, or a good looking body. Being average is better than nothing, you're amongst the "Semi-Athletes" or "Ghetto" type people. By Semi-Athletes i mean those in the lesser known or unpopular sports like Tennis or Badminton. But be glad you're at least average cause at least you get some every now and then :).
Result Breakdown:
82% 6-7
76% 8-10
58% 3-5
24% 0-2

Offline TwinTails

• (13) Neutron
    • www.formspring.com
Re: TwinTails has been redesigned - level designers needed!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 12:10:03 PM »
The Land That Shouldn't Be
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The nightmare versions of the overworld segments are just palette swaps/harder versions. I'll handle things there when I post the guides and they're merged in.

Result Breakdown:
82% 6-7
76% 8-10
58% 3-5
24% 0-2

Terra Alternata Visits

anything