March 29, 2017, 12:02:02 PM

Author Topic: Seeking assistance with Eevee's sprites (MKFR)  (Read 1656 times)

Description:

Offline Leafia_Barrett

• (10) Gauge Boson
Seeking assistance with Eevee's sprites (MKFR)
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:48:56 AM »
Okay, as you guys may know, Eevee has been confirmed as the first unlockable character in MKF:Revival. I'm heading her design, and I've run into a problem: I'm unable to handle the spriting of the Eeveelutions (and Eevee herself) myself. I have a great deal of trouble spriting from scratch, and there's no precedent for Eevee in a platformer. Therefore, I'm reaching out for assistance. I can provide reference images using 3D models and some roughly made sprites, but that's the extent of my skills here.

Example:

The white square scales to 16x16 (10x scale). (Vaporeon's tail needs to be shrunk drastically compared to here...) The body (torso & legs) needs to be able to fit in a collision box of a single block (16x16). It can be slightly bigger, but not by much, and the head & tail are considered nonsolid.

I know I'm asking for a lot, but is anyone willing to give it a try?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:20:02 AM by Leafia_Barrett »

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
Re: Seeking assistance with Eevee's sprites (MKFR)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:26:34 AM »
Perhaps we could ask around on MFGG or the VG Resource and see if anyone would want to contribute?

Offline RyanKoopa

• (5) Electron
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
Wait, if the head and tail aren't solid, won't they just go straight through enemies and objects?

Offline Leafia_Barrett

• (10) Gauge Boson
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
Wait, if the head and tail aren't solid, won't they just go straight through enemies and objects?
Yes. Kinda like the tanooki tail. It's the only way I could figure out to make the Eeveelutions fit into tight spaces without being awkward.

Perhaps we could ask around on MFGG or the VG Resource and see if anyone would want to contribute?
That's actually a good idea.