December 14, 2017, 06:53:48 AM

Author Topic: The Reactor's PROMOTIONS topic!  (Read 20833 times)

Description:

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
The Reactor's PROMOTIONS topic!
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »
The rank criteria is as follows:

To become an Notable Intern, you need to have done a decent amount of accepted quality work for our games (or has done something special that warrants this as an honorary title). Notable Contributors don't get any special board privileges--the title is more of an award. Notable Interns gain the ability to post any of their own game projects into the Other Games board, but that's about it.

Becoming an MKF Engineer or SMFR Engineer means the development teams of either game trust you enough to stay active, keep the game secrets, and not have any serious ego/attitude issues. MKF and SMF:R Engineers both have global moderator privileges. There's also General Engineers for our other games, which have access to a few secret developer boards but otherwise have no special powers.

Becoming a Reactor Operator means you've put an overwhelming amount of dedication and effort into the forums and know a thing or two about the coding and upkeep. This position requires experience with HTML and CSS at minimum, with JavaScript, PHP, and MySQL experience being a good bonus. And, of course, you have to be trusted not to delete the whole board at a whim or something like that.

Becoming a Safety Inspector means you've been (temporarily or permanently) trusted to seek out problems in new versions before they are released. Ideally, this means that you are going out of your way to break the game as opposed to simply playing it. As a Safety Inspector, you are also trusted not to share pre-released versions with anyone else.

DEMOTIONS

The main causes of demotion would have to be:

1) poor attitude regarding the project...regarding the PROJECT, not other members, if you focus on the project and do good for it, having issues with other members should be cleared personally
2) depending on your situation, a lack of interest or work in the project to be demoted you have to be doing something that affects the project in a negative manner, or be way too inactive, or don't care about it anymore, but if you have issues with other members, if you keep helping the project in a positive way it shouldn't be taken into account and dealt with it personally.

As for re-promotions, you just would have to fix the reason you were demoted for.

All demotions regarding members who are Admins, MKF Developers, and SMFR Developers will be handled in team meetings.

Hopalongtom has been promoted to Notable Contributor for all his help doing the tedious work with many of the MKF characters sprite-updates, i.e. filling Marco Mario, Guile and Bionic Luigi's sprite sheets after I only made the designs. Same with Captain Cook's revamped/recolored sprites for the bros and more; also for all his work keeping the MKF Playable Characters skin mods topic organized, and helping other members with their sprite works in there.

He'll be in charge of that skin mods board officially from now on, being its moderator and updating the download links and showcasing of the completed skins.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:33:21 PM by Cap'n Coconuts »

Offline Warcheeso

• (14) Gamma Particle
  • A dreamer of sorts
Re: The Reactor's PROMOTIONS topic!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:04:53 AM »
Congrats Tom :D
I do Let's Plays! check out my channel at Warcheeso Productions on Youtube!

what? what shameless plug? I don't see a shameless plug!

"Life is a box of corn flakes. It's is full of different pieces that are never exactly the same, making each box a completely different experience.... I hate corn flakes." ~Warcheeso

SKINS BY ME
(click to show/hide)

Offline Hopalongtom

• Notable Intern
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »
Alright... MOAH POWAH!! MUAHHAAAHA.. ha...ha?  :coy:

*caughs* ok... I'll be good, I'll basicly just be continuing what I've been doing since the beginning of the second forum, but now with these Moderator powers it'll just make it alot easier for me to keep track of things and keep our skins nice and organised!  ^_^

If and When my internet allows I will try and download these skins weither I plan on using them or not for arciving purposes, to be re-uploaded for prosperity!  ;)

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Skinmods, for those of you who think the game still doesn't have enough variety! ;)

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:52 AM »
This is just me, but wouldn't this be more appropriate in Site News or one of the game boards?

Offline Nep Gamer

• Top Nep
  • Fusion Engineer
  • I'm gonna Nep Nep you up!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
You can move it, CC. :)

Offline KingClark

• The First Guy (From The Old Forums)
  • (11) Higgs-Boson
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »

Because this was inevitable.

Offline Keiang

• Homeless Magical Asshat
  • Nuclear Waste
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
Congrats Tom.

Vic

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:17:29 PM »
yeah that's pretty cool i guess grats

Offline EvilMariobot

• WE ARE NINTENDO! WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS! YOU CANNOT BEAT US!
  • Safety Inspector
  • Well, that was fun!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
This is just me, but wouldn't this be more appropriate in Site News or one of the game boards?
Site News if anything because these things cover all our games.

Offline TheomanZero

• Radical Dreamer
  • (18) Atom
  • No offense, JudgeSpear ...
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
I've been a fan of Tom's work for a while now, so I'm glad to see this happen.  Congratulations!

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »
EDIT: Maybe I should just stop trying tongue-in-cheek altogether.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:20:59 AM by Cap'n Coconuts »

Offline AuraLancer

• The guy that does the thing
  • Fusion Engineer
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:53 AM »
Was that really necessary, CC?

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
lol

anyway I has question since this topic was moved to announcements; if we promote someone else do we just need to edit the first post and make sure the topic is still sticky? it's the sticky topic the one that goes to the homepage right?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:26:12 PM by Del »

Offline Cap'n Coconuts

• Boo.
  • Reactor Operator
    • Westboro Watch
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
I'm not sure, but you can edit it right now and find out.

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
heh, looks like the latest topic goes into the home page, being sticky has nothing to do with that; dunno how will we bump this one for further promotions then <_<