September 21, 2017, 04:14:41 PM

Author Topic: New Super Fusion Bros.  (Read 13983 times)

Description:

Offline RaymanFan1995

• Limbless Hero
  • (8) Neutrino
  • Play 'til you die.
Re: New Super Fusion Bros.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »
Hmmm...not really sure what to say about this one. I mean, yes, the game looks really great so far, but I somehow can't help feeling that it's a joke game. Not like "haha, this game will never get done" or something, but more like...well, I'm actually not sure. Lemme explain myself:

First off, MKF and SMF:R levels do a really nice job fusing classic 16-bit graphics with NSMBDS graphics, but I feel that this game has a LOT more NSMB graphics in each level. In the other two games, there's more classic than DS graphics, yet the two styles seem to blend in just fine. It looks nice. In this game, there's more DS than classic graphics, and the styles just seem to clash...hard.

Second, the level design is unique, but somewhat looks...empty, compared to levels of MKF and SMF:R, that is. There seems to be a lack of enemies in these levels compared to the other two games. The levels of the other two games required brain work and had challenge, but these levels look like challenge-less no-brainers.

Third, what is up with the music? The selection of music just seems too...cliche, I guess. For example, the underground music is ripped right from NSMBDS, and it can be heard in plenty other fan projects; whatever happened to the groovy remix in M&L: Partners In Time that appear plenty of times in SMF:R? You hardly hear that remix anywhere else! What about "Mario's Underground Challenge" from Newgrounds? That's a pretty catchy remix! "Pipes", the SMB3 OCRemix? That's one from MKF. I'm sorry, but the music selection here just doesn't seem well thought-out, to be honest. MKF and SMF:R had kickass music selections!

I'm sorry if I came off as an a-hole. These are just my opinions and critiques. The game looks pretty good so far; it's just that I was expecting a bit more out of a talented and more experienced programmer and level designer such as yourself. I guess all I can say is, good luck, and I hope this becomes as great as the other two projects!
I support:

Offline MarioVariable3410

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »
UPDATE 15/04: The game now is drastically changed! New HUD, all MKF and SMFR styled levels are been remove, stupid worlds are been delete. Now the game has 4 themed worlds:
World 1: The Mushroom Kingdom;
World 2: Retro Dimension;
World 3: Windows 98 Cyberspace (my best world idea, luckily);
World -1: Forum Challengers (this world is a sort of forum where all levels contained in it are made by Mario and all his friends and enemies (obviously, it's not true. I make them). Practically, every single level is based on every character idea. For example, in Luigi's Zone, there is a Luigi's Mansion themed level, or, in Wario's Zone, there is a Super Mario Land 2 or 3 themed level.)
This is one of my videos where I show some of my coding experiences:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:17:10 AM by MarioVariable3410 »

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
@Goombill Rezne Koopario
Thanks for your honesty, but I do not think that this fangame can reach higher goals than they have made MKF and SMFR. If anyone can help me a bit to improve my fangame, I'd thank him infinitely. Only a bit, for perfect it.
And then, I'm not a genius on create codes for new objects, I do what I can do with the knowledge gained during the work of my fangame.
MKF and SMF:R are very impressive because people that have worked on these have a big experience on coding and level design. I, instead, have very few experience of coding.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:20:26 AM by MarioVariable3410 »

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
  • Robot Master of TNT...and author of SMWF
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
For the Wario Zone, a WarioWare themed level would be more fitting. XD

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html
-Super Mario Cave Story (on hold): *no link*

Weapons: Nitro Blast, Nitro Shower
Good Point: Gets the job done.
Bad Point: Unstable.
Dislikes: Hyperactive People.
Quote:  “Have a blast, MegaMan!”
(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »
I highly suggest you get a native English speaker to proofread your in-game texts. I understand English is not your first language, but you are making NSFB in English for an English-speaking crowd, so you must make it a point to have good English grammar in your game.

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
Ok JudgeSpear, I will try. In effects, I know a guy that can do this for me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:13:29 PM by MarioVariable3410 »

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
Later 6 months of changements and bug fix, finally NSFB V0.2.1b is been released!
The changements are drastic, as the addition of Luigi and the low number of worlds available (only 3, because -1 is under developement).
You will find the download link in the release video, otherwise you can download it here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gyfdqt
And now, here you are the release video too.

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 05:42:13 AM »
Some screenshots for v0.3b.

Offline URL Mii

• (1) Quark
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
And it already looked very promising...  :( I actually kinda want to pick up on all those incomplete projects. :)