December 14, 2017, 07:09:42 AM

Author Topic: New Super Fusion Bros.  (Read 15308 times)

Description:

Offline Judge Spear

• Reactor Operator
New Super Fusion Bros.
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:25:30 AM »

Uses Hello Engine 5.1. It seems to use a lot of mainstays from both MKF and SMF:R, such as the Melee SMB3 World 1 map theme for the World 1 map and a song from Ragnarok Online. A very interesting world map occurs near the end of the video, where it is a Windows desktop.

Fusion Gameworks is now an independent game developer. We have moved on from making fangames, and as such, we will no longer provide support for our older fangames.

Offline Trinitro Pucci

• Nuclear Waste
  • Robot Master of TNT...and author of SMWF
Re: New Super Fusion Bros.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:51:41 AM »
The platforms in the 0-1 blocks stage look like they could harm you.
Also, I get the feeling, that this will be not the last thing, that we will see from this game.
Heck, I really should hurry up with my game now, but I still wait for MetalSonic's sprites.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:17:24 AM by TrinitroMan »

My games:
-Super Marisa World FUSION: http://www.fusiongameworks.net/smf/index.php/topic,848.0.html
-Super Mario Cave Story (on hold): *no link*

Weapons: Nitro Blast, Nitro Shower
Good Point: Gets the job done.
Bad Point: Unstable.
Dislikes: Hyperactive People.
Quote:  “Have a blast, MegaMan!”
(click to show/hide)
What I also support:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Brynn1100

• (2) Gluon
    • My Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
Oh yes! I am a contributor of this game. I have made 1 level before my old computer broke
1-10 - Sands and Ice

Other than that, this game is epic

Offline Aussieportal

• Double negative. Example: not negative.
  • (13) Neutron
  • Some shmoe. Obviously into RPG's.
    • My Blog.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »
All I can say is that there is interesting concepts in the design. You know you've hit pay dirt when you have levels such as cold (or should I say cooler as there is still a bit of heat) sun level, a composite sand and ice level and an eternal staircase! Though I do admit, I'm not to fond of the HARDCORE world (That could be just me though), and yes there is some design issues and spelling issues which I can confidently say can be ironed out with time. Just keep at it guys.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with next and consider yourselves subscribed on Youtube.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:49:15 PM by Aussieportal »
Skins WIP by AussiePortal:
None at present, but that is to say I have not been a busy person.
Watch this space.

"You don't burn an entire shirt just to get out a few stains. You don't nuke a whole country just to kill some terrorists. You DO NOT destroy EVERYTHING just because you don't like a few things about life. The world is cruel. Life is hard. I get it. It sucks. Now grow a pair and deal with it like everyone else you ******* MANCHILD." - TPP Platinum user scribbles88 to Cyrus's ultimate goal.

Offline Lars Luron

• God of Facial Hair
  • Fusion Engineer
  • The beard is powerful and wise. Respect the beard.
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 12:17:36 AM »
It also uses a number of tiles and backgrounds from MKF as well. I recognize my various resources from The Minefield in some of the game's content. That background really was not designed to loop like that.

Go forth, and read from the Book of Gord. Bask in the wisdom and glory that is The Gord.

Offline MarioVariable3410

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »
Well, this is an old version of my game, now I have deleted all these MKF tilesets. From next version, the HUD graphic will be changed too for don't be similiar at SMF:R. For World 4 (Windows 98's Realm) level tilesets I have to search them in other places.

Offline Gladiacloud

• Fusion Engineer
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
Mariovariable,  is a bit of time that I keep an eye on your fangame.

I've seen some of the levels you have completed. My response is that the fangame is not bad, but a lot of things should be fixed, especially in  coding.

Just a suggestion: except for Mushroom Kingdom, look for new themes for each world, do not use the same themes of MKF and SMFR worlds (you can use two or three themes, if you want)
Current status: I retired permanently from MKF. However, I could go back to work for Mario Fusion.

Offline Calvan

• I'm a wubbah mayun!
  • Fusion Engineer
  • You can't run.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »
Looks good so far, If A bit derivative, But that's not always a bad thing.

I'll be watching this space.

Offline Brynn1100

• (2) Gluon
    • My Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »
@Everyone posting on here: Give the guy some chance! He's a good gamer! Please understand that he wants to use what he wants OK?

@Mario: Tolerate people's Critisism. Its their opinion. Some may help.

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 07:17:43 AM »
@Gladiacloud Ok, you're right. What worlds do you think that will be changed? Only for curiosity.

Offline Gladiacloud

• Fusion Engineer
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
Here are some new worlds issues:

- A world set in cyberspace (If I am not mistaken, the world of Windows 98 is already a kind of cyberspace world);

- A  world based on colorful and funny games, like Kirby, Hebereke, Rayman, etc.

- A time journey world: it's like Alternate Earth, but each level is set in a particular historical period.

- A world based on Genesis games (no Sonic)

- A world based on MS-DOS games.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:52:49 AM by Gladiacloud »
Current status: I retired permanently from MKF. However, I could go back to work for Mario Fusion.

Offline Brynn1100

• (2) Gluon
    • My Forum
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »
Here are some new worlds issues:

- A world set in cyberspace (If I am not mistaken, the world of Windows 98 is already a kind of cyberspace world);

- A  world based on colorful and funny games, like Kirby, Hebereke, Rayman, etc.

- A time journey world: it's like Alternate Earth, but each level is set in a particular historical period.

- A world based on Genesis games (no Sonic)

- A world based on MS-DOS games.

One idea will be used for SFMW

Offline Del

• Strive for perfection
  • Fusion Engineer
  • life's gud
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:05:17 AM »
Why do most people trying to do new Mario fangames want to make something so big with so many over-complicated worlds? We've been working on MKF and SMF for years with a full working talented team and we're not done yet. This is why 95% of fangames never are finished.

You should aim for something really small for now, no more than 40 levels, maybe 3-4 worlds at most. If you finish it, maybe you can think about expanding it, add one more world or levels here and there. Not trying to sound like a jackass or discourage you, I'm just talking out of experience, you have no idea of how many projects I've seen fail because people have literally no idea of how much work is required and they have way too many ideas which can't be done, not having a clear and realistic objective.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:08:49 AM by Del »

• (2) Gluon
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
@Del You've absolutley right. In fact, from V0.2b of my game, some of the existing worlds will be deleted. I think that I will leave only the Mushroom Kingdom, Windows 98's Realm, Retro Bros. Dimension and Hardcore Final Galaxy (Worlds 1, 4, -1 and -2). These are the only worlds that I have made really good.

Offline StarlinM00N

• What are titles even for?
  • (5) Electron
  • This space is way to small to fit my text.
    • My personal blog. It is, however, written in german.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »
I can tell about that making games is time-comsuming and tedious. I had striven to make my own game as well once, not with Game Maker but with RPG Maker. I liked making cutscenes and stuff but making the tilesets and especially the battle animations is so annoying. You work for days on them and then you still have nothing really added to your game, you still must add the enemies that use that skill, and the  map where the enemy appears. That together with hundreds of items, other skills, and the events and you finally have some small progress you can play and test. Demotivating to no end.

I thought about making a thread about that game earlier, but firstly its not really a fangame involving existing characters, but entirely original. And more importantly, my entire progress got lost when my computer broke down, so all that is left of it now are the storyline bits that I remember, and the game concept (I actually tried to create an entirely new genre back then)

Erm...okay, back on topic:
Why do most people trying to do new Mario fangames want to make something so big with so many over-complicated worlds?
There is a simple answer: People want their game to be awesome. And they see how awesome MKF and SMFR are and want their games to be even more awesome. I bet many don't know how hard making an awesome game is.