Mushroom Kingdom Fusion and Super Mario Fusion Revival are now open source, with the source files for these projects available for anyone to download and modify. Anyone can edit and modify these source files, and even make their own revival of these projects. However, before you download either of these sources, please read the following carefully:
- These projects were developed on Game Maker 8. GM8-made games do not run properly on most computers running Windows 8 or later.
- Game Maker 8 is no longer commercially available by YoYo Games. If you want to continue development of these projects without porting them to GM Studio, a working copy of Game Maker 8 Pro is absolutely required. We will not give you a copy of Game Maker 8 Pro, so please do not even ask.
- Porting these projects to Game Maker Studio and later is a logistical nightmare, which is why Fusion Gameworks did not attempt to port either of these projects to a later version of Game Maker.
- Remember that you are taking a risk of having Nintendo come after you if you decide to put forth effort in reviving either of these projects.
Working on a fangame in the scope of these projects requires a lot of effort and dedication to see through. Ask yourselves these questions to give yourself an idea what to expect when taking on these projects:
- Do you have any computer programming experience?
- Do you know how to use Game Maker?
- Do you have a decent grasp of game theory and level design?
- Do you have access to external software needed to to make the assets, like a graphic editing program, audio editing program, etc.?
- Can you gather people of different talents together to make these projects happen again?
- Are you prepared to spend years working on these projects? These projects had multiple people working on them over many years, and they did not finish. If you will be working on them alone, even if you devote all your free time on them, you will easily spend years on these projects.
If after reading all that you still are committed to continuing these projects on your own, the download links are below. By clicking on the download links, you indicate you have thoroughly read all of the above disclaimers and assume all risks.
Mushroom Kingdom Fusion
Once we find all the source files from the MKF developers, we will update this post with download links.
Super Mario Fusion Revival
Please note the we will not provide any support on using these source files.